Engaging in real estate transactions should be straightforward. When disputes arise, however, having informed representation is essential. That’s where LaFountain & Wollman, P.C., can assist you. Well-versed in the applicable laws governing property transactions in Massachusetts, we represent buyers, sellers, owners, developers, landlords, tenants, and real estate professionals in residential and commercial property disputes.
While many disputes can and should be settled without litigation, we prepare each case for trial to give our clients leverage at the bargaining table or in the courtroom. With a proven track record of success, trust us to protect your rights and interests – and your investment. Contact us today to get started with an experienced real estate litigation attorney.
The Trusted Choice in Real Estate Litigation
At LaFountain & Wollman, we have extensive experience negotiating and litigating all types of real estate disputes, including:
- Breach of contract – If a party to a purchase and sales agreement fails to meet its obligation, the other party can file a lawsuit for breach of contract seeking monetary damages or another legal remedy, such as specific performance.
- Breach of warranty – When a seller puts their property on the market, they guarantee that they hold clear title to that property. The buyer can file a lawsuit for breach of warranty if the seller cannot pass a clear title.
- Quiet title – This action establishes property ownership when there are disputes between multiple parties with a claim or interest in a property. Filing a lawsuit to establish a clear owner will “quiet” claims arising from clouded property transfers that have occurred in the past.
- Easement disputes – We represent property owners in disputes with local governments, utilities, and neighbors over the validity or scope of easements, property boundaries, fences, nuisance, and variance issues.
- Landlord-tenant disputes – We represent both landlords in disputes related to termination and eviction, lease terms, health and safety standards, security deposit limits and returns, landlord access to rental property, fair housing rights, and discrimination.
- Title defects – Our real estate litigation attorneys represent clients in title claims arising from liens against the property (e.g. mechanic’s liens, tax levies), undisclosed easements, and other defects.
- Partition actions – When people hold property jointly through inheritance or another means and cannot agree on what to do with it, one of the parties can seek a court order dividing the property into appropriately proportionate parcels.
- Commercial and residential leases – We litigate lease disputes involving maintenance and repair, common area maintenance (CAM) charges, withholding rent, assignments, and renewal options.
- Construction litigation – Our firm represents owners, developers, and third parties (e.g. architects, engineers, contractors, and subcontractors) in claims arising from professional negligence, construction defects, nonperformance, and insurance issues.
- Fraudulent conveyance – Fraudulent conveyance or transfer occurs when someone intentionally transfers real property to another party to defraud, hinder, or delay a creditor’s ability to collect on a debt, often in the context of a bankruptcy filing.
At LaFountain & Wollman, we leverage our negotiating and trial skills to find innovative solutions to real estate disputes and will work to protect your interests in and out of the courtroom.
Why Choose Us?
LaFountain & Wollman’s proficiency in real estate litigation is second to none. Our team adeptly manages a diverse range of cases, from straightforward property disputes to intricate commercial real estate issues. We tailor our approach to each client’s unique circumstances, ensuring precise and attentive case management. Our consistent record of successful outcomes is a testament to our dedication to securing the best results for our clients.
What sets us apart is our dual capability as effective negotiators and accomplished trial lawyers. We recognize that each case requires its own path to resolution, whether through strategic negotiation or aggressive courtroom representation. Our attorneys are not only well-versed in law but are also strategic thinkers, keen on identifying the most effective and efficient solutions. Choosing our firm means gaining a committed advocate in your real estate legal affairs.
Contact Our Experienced Real Estate Litigation Attorney
If you are involved in a real estate dispute, trust LaFountian & Wollman to protect your investment. Contact our office today to schedule your initial consultation.